Here we take a look at how we use the Leo Bodnar GPSDO Mini with the Adalm Pluto to fix any frequency drift.
Mini Low Jitter Precision GPSDO Reference Oscillator (1 Port)
A new mini version of Leo Bodnar’s popular low jitter GPS Clock – designed for Users with a limited budget or space restrictions, whilst still delivering accuracy and performance.
- Programmable Frequency 450Hz – 800MHz
- Stability 1 ppb 1E-9 <60 sec Locktime
- 1 SMA Output Connector
- Ideal for use with SDR Receivers
Like its big brother, the Mini Precision GPSDO Reference Oscillator can be used as an Universal Reference Clock for most other Instruments and Applications which up to now would require a bulky and expensive Rubidium Clock.
SDR-Kits recommends either version as the ideal frequency standard for supplying an external reference clock signal to the DG8SAQ Vector Network Analyzer to make Frequency and Frequency Difference measurements with accuracy approaching 1e-10 and frequency measurements (dF) in the mHz (milli Hertz) and even down to the uHz (micro Hertz) region.
Also, the Mini GPSDO can be used as an external clock for the SDRplay RSP2 or RSP2pro with our GPSDO – RSP2 External Clock Cable
The Mini GPSDO offers:
- Long term stability of output signal is defined by high accuracy of GPS Caesium references and approaches 1×10-12
- Short term signal quality is defined by internal TCXO clock source providing high-quality, low phase noise clock signal with sub-picosecond RMS jitter.
- Digital PLL allows main output reference frequency to have almost any value between 400Hz and 810MHz.
- Output signal is 3.3V CMOS levels with 50 Ohms characteristic impedance. Output drive level can be adjusted.
- Output power level (measured at 10MHz, fundamental power channel):
- +13.3dBm, drive setting 32mA
- +12.7dBm, drive setting 24mA
- +11.4dBm, drive setting 16mA
- +7.7dBm, drive setting 8mA
- Powered via mini USB connector from a PC, USB phone charger or USB power bank. USB connection to Windows PC is required only for one-off configuration.
How to set up the Mini GPSDO as an External Clock Reference for the VNWA 3EC: Guide to setting up Mini GPSDO as external reference clock, instead of internal VNWA TCXO when taking VNWA measurements.
-Mini Precision GPSDO Module (73mm x 40mm x 17mm 0.05 kg)
-GPS Magnetic Antenna with 5m Coax Cable and fitted SMA male plug
-USB Cable A to Mini B
-12 month Mfg Warranty
-Mfg Product Support info
Accessories also available from SDR-Kits:
- RG223 20cm Coax Cable with BNC plug to SMA plug connectors (GPSD – VNWA Ext Reference Cable)
- GPSDO – RSP External Clock-in Cable + plus SMA Plug to BNC Jack Adapter
- GPS Antenna 5m Long SMA Plug
SDR-Kits is an Authorised Distributor for the Leo Bodnar Ltd Precison GPSDO Reference Oscillator
Also available from our Authorised Distributor for Japan: ICAS Enterprises www.ICAS.to
The new 6-4-20 is a serious performer with an 11.1m computer optimised tapered boom and 10 elements on both 50MHz and 70MHz with a single feed point.... Read more
CableKnife claims the title of the “world’s best hand held cable stripper” and looking at the prototype, I find it difficult to disagree with t... Read more
Getting Started On Ham Radio Satellites With Sean KX9X Read more
“So I made a video showing a couple options that you can use for installing your ham radio in your vehicle. Every installation will be different... Read more